7 Benefits of Chiropractic Adjustments.
For years Chiropractors have been diagnosing and treating conditions that can affect your muscles, joints, and nerves. One of the most common therapies used by chiropractors is Chiropractic Adjustments. So, what is a Chiropractic Adjustment? It is a safe form of treatment that helps improve the function of the nervous system, restore joint mobility, thereby alleviating pain, muscle tightness, and allowing tissues to heal faster. There are studies that have shown many benefits of this therapy, here are some of them:
1. Decrease Back Pain. About 80% of Americans experience low back pain at some point in their lifetime. A 2003 study published in the British Medical Journal showed that chiropractic adjustments resulted in a faster recovery over the course of a year than physiotherapy or under a general practitioner’s care for neck pain. A study published in the Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics showed that chronic low back patients showed greater improvement one month after the start of care than under the care of their general practitioner.
2. Improves Headaches. Over 230 peer-reviewed articles reference chiropractic care to help reduce the frequency, intensity and even resolve tension headaches and headaches that originate in the neck, including migraine headaches.
3. Decrease Blood Pressure. A study published in 2007 in the Human Journal of Hypertension showed how an upper cervical adjustment had the same effect as 2 blood pressure lowering medication.
4. Improve Athletic Performance. Adjustments improve the function of the nervous system, overall joint range of motion, decrease muscle tension, and decrease inflammation. There’s a reason why professional athletes from boxers to ballet dancers take advantage of chiropractic care.
5. Decrease Inflammation. Inflammation is one of the top causes of pain, especially those associated with inflammatory diseases. Chiropractic adjustments have shown to decrease inflammatory cytokines and result in joint pain relief and decreased muscle tension.
6. Improve Scoliosis. Scoliosis is a lateral curvature on your spine and it affects about 6 million people in the United States. Many case studies have shown patients reduce their scoliotic curve by 10 to 30 percent with chiropractic care and functional rehabilitation.
7. Children Health Benefits. Kids can also benefit from chiropractic adjustments. From helping with chronic ear infections, infantile colic symptoms, and improving immune function; chiropractic adjustments have been proven to be a safe line of treatment for kids.
For more details about how a Chiropractic Adjustment can help you or your family call us today or schedule an appointment today.